Re: Re: Serial device driver for linux synthetic target!

> Within Cygnus we have been thinking along slightly different lines,
> but nothing has been implemented yet. The basic idea involved having
> the synthetic target application talking over a pipe to an external
> multiplexer process (possibly a program, possibly a Tcl script running
> in a suitable interpreter, whatever).

I like this idea a lot.

My main mission for the synthetic target is automated testing (well someday,
anyway), and your approach would mean less disruption of my code when running
in a synthetic environment.

It also sounds like what Mansoor wants, albeit with considerably more
flexibility.

b.g.

--
William A. Gatliff