[ECOS] Re: CPU Ports for eCos

    Fernando> Somebody (not me) should get the sources for the old
    Fernando> Analog Devices compiler and put their backend stuff into
    Fernando> egcs. Their new compiler is not gcc-based and is pretty
    Fernando> broken. It's really irritating, and motivates me to
    Fernando> specify TI whenever possible.

Probably true, if there are no problems with copyright assignments
etc. For example the gcc port to the MC68HC11 could not be merged
because of assignment problems. Anybody interested in doing this
should contact the egcs maintainers, http://egcs.cygnus.com, to find
out what would be involved. A Cygnus port of eCos to this architecture
is not currently under consideration, so it is unlikely that we will
do this work any time soon.

    Fernando> BTW, the ReplyTo of messages should be ecos-discuss, not
    Fernando> the author.

Not necessarily, http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
gives a different opinion.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer