[ECOS] Re: ecos on Intel CPU

>>>>> "Kenneth" == Kenneth Porter <kenneth_porter@kensingtonlabs.com> writes:

    Kenneth> I'd like to see support of the 80C186.

Support for the 80C186 is unlikely any time soon because gcc and g++
do not support any members of the ix86 architecture before the 386.
eCos makes use of a number of very useful language extensions which
are provided by gcc and g++ but not by other compilers, and there are
no plans to support other compilers.

    Kenneth> Also, the new Motorola MPC555, an engine controller with
    Kenneth> a PowerPC core and lots of nice peripherals. See
    Kenneth> http://mot2.mot-sps.com/press/html/PR980413A.html for a
    Kenneth> description.

Ports to some other members of the PowerPC family are under
consideration, and I believe this part has been mentioned
specifically. If I find out more I shall let you know.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer