Re: POSIX Threads for eCos ???

    Stuart> Is a POSIX threads compat layer for eCos in the works by
    Stuart> Cygnus or anyone else ???

During the eCos design phase Cygnus looked at a number of possible
compatibility layers including uITRON, POSIX, and OSEK. uITRON was the
first one to get implemented, but the others are likely to happen at
some point. The timing will depend on the usual factors including
customer demand, programmer availability, and the possibility of
getting somebody to fund some or all of the development.

At this stage I am not aware of any third party projects to develop a
pthreads implementation for eCos, but I would very interested to hear
from any such projects.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer