eCos 3.0 Port to Atmel AT91SAM9G45

Dear community,

very long time ago I announced porting activities for Atmel AT91SAM9G45
uController.
This port we have finished some time ago. The work was done for customer
Softing.

Fortunately the customer decided to contribute the port, which he has done
in announcement in July.

Beside the ftp Server from customer, where the port is available, the port
is additionally published at our project management server at
http://tiprom.itrgmbh.com/projects/ecos-on-atmel9g45
There we want to manage and support the port. You would have access to
Repository, Bug Tracking, News, Wiki, Forums,....
On this server you will find some other public ports, too.

Again I want to state the list of features and enhancements of this port:

- RedBoot (as second level boot loader together with the Atmel Sam-BA boot
code)
- ARM AT91 MMU: added Access Protection against NULL-Pointer accesses
- ARM AT91 MMU: added Code Protection against self-modifying code
- ARM AT91 Code- and Data-Cache: added support
- ARM AT91 I2C: added support
- ARM AT91 Serial: support for more than 4 UARTs
- ARM AT91 ENET: support for multicasts
- ARM AT91 ENET: PHY-Polling or Interrupt-driven detection of Link changes
- ETH_PHY: added support for DP83640 PHY
- ETH_PHY: support for enabling PHY Interrupts
- ETH_PHY: support for Interrupt-driven SMI communication
- Raw Ethernet using AF_PACKET sockets
- recursive Posix- and Kernel-Mutexes
- access functions for request method and header values in httpd
- added fcntl-codes F_GETFL and F_SETFL
- performance improvements in dlmalloc
- Many bugfixes and enhancements in all areas

@Maintainers: You do need to block Softing's contribution because of my
previous announcement. The contributions of Softing and ITR are identically,
because it was a development service project purchased from Softing!

Best Regards

Richard

Richard Rauch
ITR GmbH