Re: Handling RTS with an UART that doesn't directly drives the RTS pin

On 12.06.2012 14:34, Bernard Fouché wrote:

> I think the change is to be done in serial.c, since it's the part of the
> code that takes the decision to call throttle_rx() or restart_rx()

Is this the correct place at all? As far as I can tell the
flow-control here depends on channel buffer watermarks. It does
not protect you from overflowing the 16x5x FIFO; it does not
even know how deep it is.

I do not know what UART speeds, UART FIFO sizes and maximum
guaranteed DSR latency do you have in your system, but in case
you want to protect against UART FIFO overflow I'm afraid
the only reliable way is to modify the low level driver's ISR.

Regards
--
                                      Stano