Re: whetstone test

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, John Dallaway wrote:
> > Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> >
> > > What is your opinion, Is it a good idea to have `whetstone' test for
> > > eCos? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whetstone_(benchmark)
> >
> > What is the license and copyright situation with this benchmark code?
> > The source code at:
> >
> >   http://freespace.virgin.net/roy.longbottom/whets.c
> >
> > does not include this information.
>
> I confess that I have not thought about it :-( Here are just now checked
> out where it can be (my version) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netlib
> My mistake. I will look around other implementations.

Hi John,

I found a remake of whetstone.c test (original one came from UNIX world
as I could understand) on one NetBSD FTP mirror. I would not want to
paste URL address now, but it leaves under 'NetBSD/packages/distfiles'
directory. Can it be "a pass"? Also there is another test 'flops.c' (it
calculates the MFLOPS value) in the NetBSD packages.

Both of NetBSD sources can be dig with a 'FileWatcher' Search Engine:
http://www.filewatcher.com

Can you, please, check copyright header for that whetstone.c (1.2) from
NetBSD packages?

IANAL and I would withdraw my questions if NetBSD trunk is not (C)-pass.

Thank you,
Sergei