Re: NAND technical review

Simon Kallweit wrote:
... What I dislike is how the synthetic chips have to be configured. R's implementation needs the user to assign a valid NAND chip device id, which will then be used through chip interrogation to determine the chips geometry. I find it much more useful if you can directly define the chips geometry in CDL, as it's more explicit.

This emulates the read_id command in the same way as the other commands. I saw no way around this because the generic code calls read_id and expects an answer in the prescribed way.

Well, this all (again) does mean that R's (my) common controller stuff is really tied to the raw NAND chips. See my other responses for what to do if anything else is needed.

Rutger