This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: STM32 USB support
- From: John Dallaway <john at dallaway dot org dot uk>
- To: Chris Holgate <chris at zynaptic dot com>
- Cc: ecos-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 14:32:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: STM32 USB support
- References: <4A11CAAA.email@example.com> <4A11D861.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A11E5DF.email@example.com> <4A129C34.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Great to see more USB support for eCos.
Chris Holgate wrote:
> OK - I've now done a bit of tidying up which I hope won't have broken
> it! The latest version of the package is here:
I note that you've defined a new eCos target for "STM3210E-EVAL with
USB". This should not be necessary. If you take a look at one of the
other targets with USB support (eg "assabet") there's a CDL option which
controls compilation of the USB hardware driver source code. In the case
of assabet, this is the CYGFUN_DEVS_USB_SA11X0_EP0 option. This option
is controlled by the CYGINT_IO_USB_SLAVE_CLIENTS interface. The
intention is that other packages implement this interface to indicate
that the USB hardware driver is required.
Can you do something similar for your own target to eliminate the need
for an extra target definition in ecos.db? The assabet target is old and
may not offer the best example.