Re: STM32 - I/O pullup and EXTI issues, plus new SPI driver.

Chris Holgate <chris@zynaptic.com> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> I came across a couple of HAL issues while putting together my new SPI
> driver for the STM32.  I appreciate that the maintainers are overloaded
> with eCos 3.0 work at the moment, so I'll defer to them as to whether
> any of this needs fixing now and can provide more information/patches on
> request.
>
> 1) It's not possible to set pullups on I/Os using the provided
> functions.  This is a trivial one-line fix to stm32-misc.c.
>
> 2) External interrupts don't work as they stand.  This requires a few
> changes to the STM32 var_intr.h.  If required I can tidy up my changes
> there and provide a patch which I've tested using a single I/O
> (EXTINT0), but which would probably benefit from a bit more testing
> using other I/O configurations.

I can easily believe that both of these don't quite work. I didn't do
much testing in this area, so any changes to make it work are appreciated.

> 3) I've now got full register maps for the AFIO, DMA and SPI blocks.
> For development purposes I've kept these in a separate file from the
> STM32 var_io.h, but can provide the file for merging if required.

So long as they match the existing naming and layout conventions these
can be added to var_io.h very easily.

> FYI, I now have a DMA-based SPI driver that is fully functional in
> kernel mode, but will need one or two changes (and some testing!) to
> make it play nicely in non-kernel mode.  Probably best to leave that
> until the 3.0 release is done, though.

You can mainly test polled operation in the kernel just by temporarily
forcing the polled parameter to true.

--
Nick Garnett                                      eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited    http://www.eCosCentric.com      The eCos experts