Re: Minor fix for CortexM vectors.S

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 18:11 +0000, Nick Garnett wrote:
> Chris Holgate <chris@zynaptic.com> writes:
>
> > OK - I was just looking at the 20k RAM on my '103RB device and thinking
> > that any saving is worthwhile!
>
> If that is all you have then maybe. But you would have to shave the
> interrupt stack down to the absolute minimum for it to make much of a
> difference.

Well, it's pretty academic now, as I'm going to have to move up to one
of the larger devices for flash space.  However, it does mean that
there's a basic port for the Olimex-P103 board going begging if anyone
wants it.

> That is all very odd, it shouldn't make any difference. Do keep us
> informed if you find anything out. You could try replacing the BIC
> with a NOP, or perhaps a barrier instruction and see if the behaviour
> stays the same. My experience is that in some situations the Cortex-M
> behaves somewhat non-intuitively, until you work out what the
> designers intended. So it is possible there is some unexpected
> behaviour here.

Unexpected and clearly hard to reproduce, since my current build now
runs perfectly well after rolling back to the original file.
Unfortunately it's going to be difficult to go back to the build that
was failing, so I'll just have to keep my eyes open for a recurrence.

Chris.