Re: eCos Port for Freescale MC9328MXL (ARM920T)

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 10:20:06PM +0100, David Luca wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I worked last year for porting eCos to Freescale MC9328MXL board and
> I think I succeded about 90%, that's because last part was booting
> Redboot from flash and loading eCos which I never finished, at that
> time the 28F320B3 flash was not supported. I had a MC9328MXL board
> available and a BDI2000 debugger and I manage to start RAM version
> of Redboot and could recognize the flash, also erasing, but
> unfortunately I had to work on something else and never finished the
> flash driver.

> The MC9328MXL board has a default Micromonitor installed and for now
> the eCos application is succesfully started from command line of
> this bootloader. The devices drivers that work with this board
> (serial, ethernet, touchscreen) have been tested as well.

> If someone is interested continuing, I attached the mc9328mxl.rar
> file which contains the HAL source code files for this board,

I think you forgot the attachment :-(

> I don't know if I'll ever get my hands on a MC9328MXL + BDI2000
> hardware, but I would to know that this work is not lost, so fell
> free to ask any questions, I'll be happy to help.

Would you be willing to assign the copyright to the FSF? We cannot
include the code into the anonymous CVS repository without this.
http://ecos.sourceware.org/assign.html

This is particular important if somebody does pick up this code and
finishes it, and then wants to get it included in the official eCos
repository.

        Thanks
                Andrew