Strange buildsystem behaviour

Hello!

I am currently working on flash support for fr30, skmb91302 platform.
I added some code to platform.S file. I want to build a redboot image now and the following happens:
platform.S gets assembled to hal_fr30_skmb91302_platform.o and then added to libtarget.a correctly.
I can verify that the contents is there and correct with objdump.
Then redboot gets build, but the image (redboot.elf) does not contain my new code! The Linker seems to throw it away.
But when I copy the code from platform.S and paste it as it is without modification into variant.S(the .sections are the same), at first the same happens. The code gets assembled to hal_fr30_mb91301_variant.o and added to libtarget.a. But then redboot builds and the resulting image contains the code!
The linker script I use has no special rule for platform or variant files.
Does anybody have a hint for me ? How can I get the code linked when it is in platform.S ?

Thanks,
Lars