snmp agent : how does it work

Hello,

I have to realize an SNMP agent on a board with ecos and the freeBSD TCP/IP stack that already work fine

1 - does the ecos agent snmp work without problem ?

2 - I want to manage only 4 data to be read by a manager. I think it is possible to do so without creating necessarily a MIB.
So in the user init function I want to declare them: which function can be use?
I look for an equivalent to netsnmp_register_int_instance() that I found in an example about SNMP
But this function doesn't exist in the ecos packages .

Thanks for any response
Nelly PISON