eCos port to STR7/9

I did some searching and questioning on eCos ports for the STR7/9 families,
and this is what I've found:

1.  Ecoscentric has a port available for STR7, but you need to buy ecospro
development kit for  Â4800  (gulp..)
2.  Frank Wu indicated interest in porting for STR7
3.  C. Adam Lamb indicated interest in porting for STR9
4.  I located someone in the UK who apparently made some progress to port to
STR7, but trying to contact him was fruitless.
5.  I am interested in a port for str7 myself
6. There may be others..

Frank and Adam may have started already.

There seems to be enough interest towards a joint effort for the STR family,
rather than each re-inventing the wheel. I'm new to eCos myself, but I'm
willing to add my bit wherever possible.

Please let us know what has been done and what not, and how efforts may be
synergized.

Regards
Tom Theron