Re: Graphics routines for VMWare

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:03:10AM -0500, Peter Dennett wrote:

> For those interested in developing eCos applications under VMWare
> attached are a couple of files that support access to the SVGA
> adapter emulated by VMWare. ?This has been tested under Workstation
> 5.5.

Hi Peter

Unfortunately, this is GPL code. So we cannot incorporate it into the
eCos repository. The GPL license would spread from this code into the
rest of eCos and then into the application, so requiring that people
who develop applications using this code would have to make there
application sources available under the terms of the GPL. Most people
don't want to do this, they have the intellectual property of there
product in those sources.

        Andrew