RE: Intention to Port eCos to STR9

Thanks for all the input!

I'll summarize a few things (and correct me if I'm wrong or miss anything):

1) I should really try to make my port as generic as possible so things that
apply to all STR parts will be in one file with the parts that appear to be
specific to the STR912 will be in another file.  I'm not exactly sure at
this point how this will look (I need to start looking at some HAL code)
since the STR912 doesn't have an MMU and most of the others do...

2) PEEDI appears to be a good tool with good support.  I was leaning towards
the JTAG Jet tool from Signum because of the trace capability (I now have
the OK to buy that one, so I should be able to purchase whatever I want
now)...  Does anyone see any reasons not to get the Signum tool?  Maybe I
should just stick with PEEDI since it is proven out and they know what eCos
is?

3) Look into re-using drivers from other ports.

4) The closest port to start from will be the ARM Integrator Platform that
uses the ARM966E-S core since the core is the same as the STR9.  Again,
their might be drivers from other ports that I can pull in, but the starting
point will probably be the ARM966E-S port.

New Question:

I have heard a few people talk about not using Redboot, and instead just
using their JTAG tools to do the loading, flashing, debugging, etc.  I
assume that since I will have a JTAG tool I wouldn't necessarily need to use
Redboot, but I am guessing it still might make life easier for a couple of
reasons.  First, it will be an easier way to prove out that my HAL is
correct with the simpler set of code.  Second, the community will like me
slightly more if I do the work to provide a more complete port for the
STR9...

Thanks!
Adam