RE: RedBoot patches regarding redboot_getc_terminate

Well, 'retboot_getc_terminate(false)' has always worked for me in the past,
and continues to work for me now that I've put it back in.

Perhaps the 'tftp_stream_terminate()' function should be modified to issue
the "Remaining file contents not required" message in the case of a normal
termination.

> >> I think a better solution would be for the downloader to continue to
> >> transfer the remaining portions of the ELF image and just throw them
away."

> > This can be a lot of data, eg the complete debug symbol table if the
> > image has been compiled -g. I would not really be in favor of that.
>
> Agreed.  Although I think this is what RedBoot used to do for Y-modem
> transfers.

Actually, as confusing as this is to me, this is what it _still_ does!  I'm
pretty sure I remember the behavior you describe, but I'm darn'd if I can
see it in the code (nor in practice).

So if I submit a modified patch that restores the call to
'redboot_getc_terminate()' to its original (pre Andrew Dyer) state and
modify 'tftp_stream_terminate()' to issue different strings based on normal
vs. abnormal termination conditions, is there anybody who can test the TFTP
changes?

--wpd