Re: status of flash_v2 branch?

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 04:44:12PM +0300, Jani Monoses wrote:
> Hello
>
> Andrew, Bart, could one of you describe shortly what the current state of
> the flash v2 work is?

It basically works. Bart once said Jifl had some fixes but i cannot
remember if they ever got merged in. We are working on the assumption
that eCos 3.0 will have it merged in. Until then its bit rotting in
the branch.

> I am considerig using it along with Savin's dataflash driver, as well as
> writing a lpc2xxx flash driver for the v2 API.
> I checked out the branch but it seems it is not in sync with CVS head, some
> redboot and flash/io changes in HEAD which could be relevant to it are not
> merged.

There has been no attempt to keep it in sync with HEAD. You might want
to try to merge the branch into the trunk for everything except
io/flash. I suggest you just use io/flash directly from the branch. Or
you could try merging the HEAD into the branch and see what happens.

What ever way you go, it would be nice to hear the results...

> Also this update
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2004-10/msg00000.html
> is somewhat different from what is in CVS flash_v2.

The dataflash all gets a bit messy because it needs the SPI code which
Bart did not contribute until after the flash_v2 branch. So when i did
compile tests for Savin's contribution i had some parts of the tree
from the trunk and some parts from the branch.

Basically, sorting this out has been defered until we start getting
3.0 together.

        Andrew