Re: Problems restarting after watchdog

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 07:51:27AM -0000, Paul Chernett wrote:
> Hi,
> 	we're running linux from RedBoot on an Intel IXP425 board. When the
> watchdog in the IXP425 fires RedBoot often fails to start up and restart
> Linux - everything just hangs.

I've had a similar problem on another target. Sometimes after a
watchdog reset the board did not boot. This turned out to be a
hardware design error. The flash devices were not getting reset. This
meant if a flash erase/program was going on when the watchdog went
off, the flash remained unaccessable and the device could not boot.

The same could be happening with your system. Some device is not
getting reset back to power on state causing the system to not boot
correctly.

        Andrew