Re:Address map

Ciao edgar,
I saw your last mail at work about your problem in running redboot (no
output to serial with redboot ram nor redboot rom).
I can't retrive your mail now (and no trace is in develop mailing list).
Let me try to give you some extra tips from my ecos experience (not so big):
1) You have to check the clock speed of your board, with the declared clock
speed inside hal_arm_at91.cdl, this affect serial baud rate generation.
2) You are running at the moment with JTAG+arm-elf-gdb, and so I suggest you
to use a RAM target doing the remap by hand (ex. doing a little script in
.gdbinit). Redboot ROM targets are used normally when you start from
flash/rom, they do automatically a remap after reset (you have to modify
ecos code as I explained in the last mail).

this is a piece of .gdbinit that you can you use to remap as the gdb starts:
set remotebaud 38400

target rdi /dev/ttyS0

set *(0xFFE00000)=0x502031

set *(0xFFE00004)=0x602021

set *(0xFFE00008)=0x702021

set *(0xFFE0000c)=0x802025

set *(0xFFE00020)=0x1

0xFFE00000 is the EBI base

this code will remap CS0 (supposed a flash, address 0 at reset) to base
0x500000 after remap

this code will remap CS1 (supposed a SRAM)  to base 0x600000 after remap ...

3) Addresses specified in pkgconf/mlt_arm_at91_eb40_*.* refer to addresses
after a remap.

I hope these hints will help you in getting started with ecos... let me know
ciao

Andrea Michelotti
- Atmel Roma