Re: flash driver interface improvement

> Hi all,
> it appears to me that the current flash driver interface is
> very inflexible, supporting only flash chips with uniform
> sector layout. I'd therefore like to propose an extension that
> I am going to describe below, and that I would volunteer to
> implement if the ecos maintainers agree to this proposal.

I don't have a comment about this specific proposal, but I have
been thinking recently about the current limitations of the
flash drivers. In addition to the above, the current flash driver
layer does not support multiple flash regions and it lacks support
for NAND flash. I am planning on adding these things in the not
too distant future. If anyone else has other ideas about missing
feature, I would love to hear them.

--Mark