Re: Flash driver for MSys DOC2000

Hello,

 DoC Millennium firmware (bios extension) successfully replaced by RedBoot.
This BIOS extension overwrites the  default INT18 (network boot) or default
INT19(bootstrap).

 In order to integrate booting from DoC into eCos (at least for PC-target) one
would have to add at least two HAL_STARTUP options:
	- STARTUP_BIOS to start like a BIOS extension and
	- STARTUP_DISK to allow booting with original factory programmed DoC
	       firmware,which essentially emulates a BIOS hard disk.

 I thought of integrating those two startup options into pcmb.inc for the PC
target, but I'm afraid it would get too complex.

I'll appreciate  any sugestions...

Regards
iz

PS:  Should the RedBoot on a PC recognize IDE disk and ext2fs partitions? The
one I tried on my Advantech PCM4823 doesn't.