RE: [docbook] Dtd, Xsd or RNG/RNC as your choice of schematechnology for your docset?

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 21:11 -0700, scott wiseman wrote:

> [...]
It is.

> As regards combining XSD and DTD.. I've spent a lot of time with it..
> It's impossible to use them together if your XSD schema has namespaces..
> (at least from my experience).. I am guessing that people no longer use
> their own general entities ( such as &company; => "XYZ, Inc").. It was a
> very convenient feature, I guess that won't be available anymore..

Try other ways of working. Perhaps xinclude.

And no. My (biassed) view. Forget XSD, switch between simple dtd's and
relax-ng using trang, for newer stuff, using namespaces, rely on relax.
 It works, its very solid, and there are validators around.

Its worth buying Eric's book to get your head round relax though,
unless you're very clever.

HTH DaveP