This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: [docbook] Entity that has to be changed everywhere in the sources
- From: Bob McIlvride <Bob dot McIlvride at cogent dot ca>
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 09:04:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: [docbook] Entity that has to be changed everywhere in the sources
- Organization: Cogent Real-Time Systems
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sure. In fact, we use entities for all of our product names, version
numbers, and many other things. You might get some more ideas here:
Suppose that I have a "Product 1" and a "Product 2". While both are the
same products, they have another name. Would it be possible to make a
&product; so that the name of the product troughout the documentation can
easily be changed?
Bob McIlvride, Communications Manager, Cogent Real-Time Systems Inc.
162 Guelph Street, Suite 253, Georgetown, Ontario L7G 5X7, Canada
Phone: 905-812-9628, Email: email@example.com, Web: www.cogent.ca