Re: [docbook] <programlisting> customization

The problem is in your XML.  The programlisting is not centered, it is
manually indented.  In the programlisting element, all white space is
preserved, including all the spaces you used to indent your programlisting
to match your other elemen indents.

Change this:
                           <programlisting>
                              <emphasis>private void getMe()</emphasis>
                            </programlisting>

To this:
                           <programlisting>
<emphasis>private void getMe()</emphasis>
</programlisting>

Even this has an extra line feed at the begining, just after the start tag.
So it should be:

                           <programlisting><emphasis>private void
getMe()</emphasis>
[continue the listing here]