Re: [docbook] ackno only in article?

"John L. Clark" <jlc6@po.cwru.edu> writes:

> Why is the ackno element only allowed in articles?  In particular, how
> ought one express acknowledgements in a book?

The Article element was added in DocBook 2.1 (circa 1994) and the
Ackno element was introduced with Article, as part of its original
content model. There was already a Book element, but I would
speculate that at the time, nobody thought about going back and
adding Ackno to the Book content model. If you think it should be
in there, file an RFE.

In the mean time (or instead), I think just doing
have multiple Prefaces in a Book).

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith