To: "Hisashi Yamaguchi" <yamaguchi@a-dos.com>
Cc: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: [docbook] sofftodocbookheadings_article.xsl makes invalid DocBook

Hi Hisashi,

You can't use DocBook filter in OpenOffice.org in that way, because the filter don't know the styles in your .doc files, none else could understand them automatically.

You should use the docbook template to authoring DocBook files in OOo, or open DocBook files with it. Please refer to menu item "tools->xml filters->DocBook filter->template files".

Regards.

-Gavin

Hisashi Yamaguchi wrote:
Hi

It seems that OpenOffice.org DocBook filter,
sofftodocbookheadings_article.xsl, makes invalid DocBook.

Following is what I'm trying.

0. Set DocBook Filter Settings by referring an instruction.
http://xml.openoffice.org/xmerge/docbook/
1. Open a document that is created by MS word with OpenOffcie.org.
2. Export DocBook(<article>).
3. Try to validate it.

xml val -d http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd docbook.xml

Any comments would be appreciated.