[docbook] Re: Loading DocBook schema into Word 2003

/ "Franz-Josef Knelangen" <fjk@akgsoftware.de> was heard to say:
| 1. Downloaded the 6 xsd files (4.4 RC2).
| 2. Opened Word 2003.
| 3. Added docbook.xsd as a schema.
|>> Word forces me to type in the appropr. URI for that schema. Is there a
| default one?

You mean a namespace URI? No, it should be the null namespace, "".

| 4. Word complains that this schema has relationships to others which will
| now be loaded. -- OK.

Hmph. xml.xsd, I suppose.

| 5. After some minutes this loading results in an error:
|>> file<colon>///<path>/dbpoolx.xsd#/schema/attributeGroup[21][@name =
| 'graphics.attrib']/attribute[3][@name = 'format']
|>> Typ 'notation.class' is either not declared or no 'simpleType' (my
| English for "... ist entweder nicht deklariert oder kein "simpleType")
|
| Does anyone know how to handle this situation?

No, because it's not true. See dbnotnx.xsd:

  <xs:simpleType name="notation.class">
    <xs:restriction base="xs:token">

Looks like a bug in Word. But Mauritz Jeanson posted a workaround,
just change notation.class to xs:string.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Truth lies within a little
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | uncertain compass, but error is
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | immense.