Re: [docbook] docbook website features

Sina K. Heshmati wrote:

You've not mentioned what the doctype of your news feed is.

that wasn't decided yet when I asked the question. I didn't know docbook-website already supports rss.

If you're using RSS 1.0 to syndicate your headlines, it's already been integrated into DocBook Website. Before using Website XSL stylesheets, make sure that you've grabbed their latest version from the CVS repository because minor bugs have been fixed but not released.

To refer to your RSS news feed, you need to insert something similar to the following into you XML source file(s):

<rss feed="path/to/rssfeed"/>

fine. Is there some documentation about how to use rss feeds, other than embedding the *whole* feed ? For example, how can I insert the headline of the latest item into a given page ? The latest 5 items ? How can I generate a 'news' page containing the latest n items (the full content, this time) ? Etc.

Thanks,
		Stefan