Re: [docbook] DTD Customisation

Mike,

Have you considered having your authors work from a template that had a
skeletal structure with <section role="topic"> etc.  already in place?

Also, what editing application you plan to have your authors use? Some
editors provide a way to define and insert boilerplate text. So you
distribute a customized version of the editor that had an "Insert Topic"
menu item somewhere, and your authors could just select that to insert a
skeletal "topic" structure for each new topic they want to add.

I'm pretty sure you could set up Arbortext Epic to do something like
that. Maybe you can with some of the other commercial apps. And I'm sure
you can with Emacs, because I use it and have it set up with an custom
menu for inserting skeletal DocBook structures for all kinds of stuff
(specialized refentries, procedures, figures.