RE: [docbook] Generating JSPs from Docbook/XSLT

Oops, that trick works with Saxon, but apparently not with xsltproc, which I gather you're using. I can't say which is behaving correctly, but I should mention that using disable-output-escaping is considered ugly and fragile. I don't know if there's a non-ugly way to do what you need :)

Perhaps:
<xsl:comment>&lt;%@ include file="/header.html"  %></xsl:comment>

And post process away the <!-- and --> if necessary?
<!--<%@ include file="/header.html"  %>-->

Blech.

Sorry I can't be more help.

David