Re: [docbook] document security classification

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 12:14:02PM +0000, Rob.Exley@equifax.com wrote:
> I have been asked to add a capability to implement security classification
> to our documents, some of which are written in full Docbook v4.2 and some
> in Simplified Docbook v1.0. After looking into this last week it seems
> there is a 'security' common attribute in the Docbook DTD which can be
> utilised for this purpose, however this doesn't seem to be present in the
> Simplified Docbook.
>
> Is this the correct place to put this type of information and does anyone
> have any suggestions as to where this should live in Simplified Docbook.

For regular DocBook, the security attribute is the right place.
Simplified DocBook isn't designed to handle security attributes.
As you found, there aren't many common attributes in
simplified docbook.  I would guess that the role attribute
is your best bet, although that might conflict with
other uses of role.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com