Re: [docbook] Switch to W3C/ISO character entity sets

Norman Walsh wrote:

I propose that we cease distribution of our own set of entities in the
next release of DocBook (specifically, V4.3b6 and beyond) and point
instead to the W3C/ISO sets.

I agree that DocBook TC should not take care about maintaining entity sets. But on the other hand I think that up-to-date snapshot of W3C/ISO entities should be distributed as a part of the DocBook DTD distribution for easier use. In that case using relative system identifiers will be fine and will work even without catalog support.

Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz