[docbook] Re: updating localization of docbook-xsl ?

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:57:04 +0200
Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> Vitaly Ostanin wrote:
>
> > In Russian language month names have different suffixes
> > depending on "day-in-month" presentation.
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > "September, 2003"
> > "25 septemberja 2003"
> >
> > It's possible to add contexts for this case
> > (different suffix, different case of first letter)
>
> This extensions was added to allow easy placing of current date
> mostly including also a day-in-month value. In Czech we have
> same problem as in Russian and stylesheets are now prepared
> only to handle situations like 25 Septemberja 2003, not
> September 2003.
>
> If you need to use also later format of date please fill it as
> RFE on the SourceForge. It is possible to extend stylesheet to
> do this, but dealing with all possibilities of all languages
> won't be easy and I even don't know enough about most languages
> supported by XSL stylesheets to design enough versatile
> solution.

In Russian exist only 2 variants. And "September 2003" is not
needed for me :)

Thanks, I understand how I should translate month names. BTW,
comment about "datetime-full" context inside localization files
could be useful...

BTW, original DocBook stylesheets could contain expansion for
XSL-styles for each of languages like localization files.

<skipped/>

--
Regards, Vyt
mailto:  vyt@vzljot.ru