Re: [docbook] How to do Specification page

waldron.Navix@canon.co.jp writes:

> Hi,
> I've been marking up a series of Setup Guide/Manuals using Docbook XML and my
> own XSLT to convert them into HTML manuals. It's been going pretty good and I'm
> starting to get used to docbook. Now they've thrown a "Users Manual" at me which
> I now have finished almost to the last page. The last page of the manual is
> Specifications for the unit. Can some one offer some pointers on how to markup
> the Spec page in Docbook?
> In the printed book its a pretty straight forward layout:
>
> <a-title>Specifications
> <b-title>General
> <text>Power supply ... 12vdc
> <text>Power consumption ... 20w
> Bla bla bla, so on and so forth ...
>
> I'm thinking about using the segmentedlist, but I'm not sure. Thanks for any
> help or pointers offered.

Variablelist, I think.

Despite the name, it has nothing to do with variables -- it's just a
key-value associative list, like Glosslist.

  http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/variablelist.html

If you care about how it'll end up being rendered, the XSL stylesheets
support rendering it either in list form or table form. So, your example
above would get presented as:

  (list rendering)

    Power supply
      12vdc