Re: [docbook] Inconsistency Docbook v4.2 regarding Xml Specification 1.0

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 10:34:31AM +0200, Remco Verhoef (Intershare B.V.) wrote:
> Dear DocBook Chair,
>

> While parsing the docbook dtd 4.2 I encountered an inconsistency with
> the Xml 1.0 specification. According to point 51, the #PCDATA directive
> must be at the front of the mixed declaration. I found out that at
> calstblx.dtd at the entity declaration 'tbl.entry.mdl' the #PCDATA
> directive is set at the end.
>
> Could you verify this?

Thank you for your comment.

The entity declaration for tbl.entry.mdl in calstblx.dtd
is not actually used in the DTD.  The tbl.entry.mdl
parameter entity in dbpoolx.mod overrides it,
and that declaration starts with #PCDATA.  So the DTD does conform.

If you want to explore the DTD interactively, you might
look at the LiveDTD version at:

http://www.sagehill.net/livedtd/docbookxml42/

If you click on "table" in the left column element list,
you can trace the content model through the DTD's various
parameter entities.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com