[docbook] Website.dtd, olink target databse

Hi,

using docbook now for a long time i tried now to use website for a
project.

Now i've read several documents on linking with olink. i disliked
olink in the beginning, but now i think this is a really powerful
tool. (Thanks to bob stayton for his excellent document, thanks to
norm of course, too. (if you are listening, you should really link to
http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/Olinking.html from your
website documentation
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/website/example/linking.html

now i can generate my autolayout.xml file and can generate a
target.db file for each webpage

I just modified tabular.xsl to my-tabular.xsl with the following
template to collect xrefs with docbook templates.

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:if test="$collect.xref.targets = 'yes' or
                $collect.xref.targets = 'only'">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="/" mode="collect.targets"/>
  </xsl:if>
  <xsl:if test="$collect.xref.targets != 'only'">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

thats fine. Now i need a <targetset> document with a sitemap and i am
wondering why this isnt generated automatically through
autolayout.xml.

Now two questions:

1. Does anybody has already written an xslt converter for
autolayout.xml to the master targetset file (olinkdb.xml)? If not i
will do so, but would rather like it going for dinner tonight ;-)

2. Should every webpage be one document inside olinkdb.xml or should
it be one document which is in the sense of targetset "chunked" into
many files.(like what you get when you collect.xrefs with
docbook/html/chunk.xsl). As i thought at first each webpage is one
document and can have same ids inside its content flow as another
webpage even if they are "connected" by layout.xml. But then you have
lots of document IDs inside your olinkdb.xml.

But i guess having many documents is the correct way because you dont
have to struggle about same IDs in different webpage documents. But
maybe as webpage/@id are checked by autolayout.xsl you could do it
with subsequent ids as well. (or is it this way already??)

kind regards,
janning