Re: "titlepage" == "pagetitle"

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 05:00:40PM -0500, Noel Bush wrote:
> One of the more confusing things I've found in the (generally very
> wonderful and amazing) DocBook XSL material is that, at least when
> producing chunked HTML, the templates in "titlepage.mode" actually apply
> to *page titles*, not just the "title page" (which may not even be
> generated).  It took me a long time to figure out how to suppress
> display of abstracts in the page title area because I assumed that all
> the mentions of "titlepage" referred to some, um, "title page", which I
> wasn't even generating.  It might help other people trying to do similar
> things if this mode, and discussions of it, would refer to "page titles"
> instead.  Just a suggestion.  Thanks for the fabulous resource!

Good point.  The "titlepage" mechanism in the stylesheets
is designed to be very general, so that it handles the
title and *info elements in many different output styles.
Page breaking after the title and info is just one feature.
Sometimes it generates separate title pages, as in the FO output
for a book, and sometimes it just prints the title and
*info elements without a page break, as in the FO output
for an article and for HTML output.  The mode should
probably be called "title-and-info" or some such.   8^)

I'll clarify this in the doc.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com