Re: xml:base

Paul Grosso scripsit:

> I think the way xml:base is defined to work (both by the XML Base
> spec and the Infoset) is to affect URI references within the
> document's infoset.  But the fileref and url attributes are only
> attributes within the infoset, not URI references.

What it specifies, or helps to specify, is the base URI of elements (and PIs)
within the infoset.

The document type definition has to say which attribute values or element
content are in fact URI references in order for xml:base to be useful.
Presumably that is already the case.

--
John Cowan    http://www.ccil.org/~cowan   <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
    "Any legal document draws most of its meaning from context.  A telegram