Re: including elements with xpointers xincludes

Ljósálfr wrote:

I would like to include a specific element from one file in another file. For example. I have a glossary in which every entry has a shot definition, and perhaps a longer definition. I want to pull the content of the short <glossdef/> into one of the chapters in my book. I've been attempting things such as:

<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; href="../glossary.xml#xpointer(id('urđrshort')/*)"/>

When I run xsltproc on it to generate the target.db, I get "XInclude: failed build URL". If I simply use ...#xpointer(id(/glossary/*) I get all the entries in the glossary pulled in where the xinclude is located. Should I be able to do what I'm attempting? What is the syntax for this?

TIA

This is wrong:
#xpointer(id(/glossary/*)

What I meant to say was this:
<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
href="../glossary.xml#xpointer(/glossary/*)"/>

I hope no one tried what I originally said worked. The immediately previous snippet does pull in all the entries in the glossary. I don't know how much of the of the xpointer functionality is working in xsltproc. I have not found a great many helpful examples of using xpointers on the web. This seems like a very powerful tool. Are people using it?

--
STH
Hann er vitrastr ásanna ok fegrst talađr ok líknsamastr, en sú náttúra fylgir honum, at enginn má haldast dómr hans.