Re: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 20 Aug 2002

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 10:53:33AM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
>    i. Norm and Paul to propose new, combined table markup for CALS+HTML

I've been thinking a bit about this lately (although without browsing
the archives yet), and thought the namespace solution would be more
flexible.  Hooks could even be provided so that other table formats
can be added (like the xtable model I've worked on some time ago).

As for the "namespaces aren't SGML" argument, it doesn't seem to be an
issue - we just have to settle on a "namespace prefix" and hardcode it
in the DTD.

I gather from reading the various W3C standards documents that anyway
this has to be done in XML too if one wants valid documents, right ?

>    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):
>
>         http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&;
>         group_id=21935&atid=384107&aid=XXXX

Er... This URL does not really work, I'm afraid there is a stylesheet
bug, as well as an extraneous semicolon :)

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique