Re: embedded image in RTF

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 02:55:08PM +0200, Stefan Kuhn wrote:
> Hi Jirka,
> thanks for the tip. It's a linux server :-(  (first time in my live a windows
> server would have advantages!).

I've come across this problem as well.  I believe (but have not
yet confirmed) that RTF *can* support embedded images.  The issue
is that the RTF backend in Jade does not support image embedding,
just linking to external images.

If so, then it should be possible to post-process the RTF output
(with Perl or some other script) to embed the linked images.  But
given how nasty RTF is as a format, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

Z.