Re: converting to docbook

> 	Can anybody point me to something that will easilly convert
> 	these to docbook, and preserve some/most of their current
> 	formatting?

For conversion from tex and wiki to docbook, TLDP has some tools here
	http://tldp.org/downloads/
wt2db can also handle text to docbook conversion to some extent.

For conversion from man pages to docbook, you can use this tool.
	http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/doclifter/
It has link to some what stable and old distribution.
I wrote a patch for this to add some more functionality. You can get the
patch and the devel version at
	http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~ppadala/projects/doclifter
I am not distributing doclifter. It's for your convenience only. You
should ask Eric for proper release info.

I also wrote a patch to tidy which does the conversion of html to
docbook. Details here.
	http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~ppadala/tidy
Let me know, if you need help on this. I have successfully used it on HTML
documents submitted to TLDP.

--pradeep