Re: Re: hierarchical element reference list for docbook?

At 04:36 02/08/2002, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 ydirson@fr.alcove.com wrote:

>> I have a couple of remarks about it:
>>
>> - the capitalization in the list is not consistent
>>
>> - the ordering of elements in each section seems near to random.  It
>> would be good to put first the first elements a user is likely to
>> look for.  Look at the "tables" part for an illustration.

I'll sort it by header

>> - there are 2 sections labelled "cross references 1"

Noted today on irc. Yann had this really cool idea,
call it reference 3. Now why didn't I think of that  :-)

>> - I noticed a couple of elements missing (don't ask which ones, it was
>> before lunch ;).  It could be worth to automatically cross-check this
>> list with the DTD.

Any other input gratefully accepted.
(This will teach Norm to write in plain ASCII !)

>another thought.  i haven't looked at the list carefully enough to
>notice, but is each element represented once and exactly once?  when
>i first suggested i wanted to create a list like this, i planned on
>having some elements in possibly more than once category.

Good idea. I'm just grateful to have the list.

>for instance, a category called "inline markup" might contain the
>element <computeroutput>, and another category called "computer specific
>markup" might contain the same element.
>
>not a big deal, just an observation that sometimes a single element
>can be viewed from a couple different perspectives.

When I've added it to the faq, I'll put a link to the xml source,
people can play with it then.

One pizza token for each improvement..... e.g. semantic markup :-)

What was it Yann called it? Q&D.
  That's about my style.

regards DaveP