Re: Disalloingw printing of pdf-files made with docbook

> So, in theory, the answer to your question is "Yes". Sorry I can't be of
> more help.
>
>            ...edN
>
> AE Roy wrote:
> > I'm writing a rather long (200 pages with lots of colorful screendumps)
> > userdocumentation for our linuxsystem at my school, and I make pdf-files
> > with the command 'docbook2pdf', and I wonder if anyone knows if it's
> > possible to disalloingw printing of this file. Either via docbook, or any
> > other command on a linuxmachine.

RenderX XEP allows to set PDF user privileges via command line arguments.
It is an xsl fo renderer, thus it can be used to produce pdfs from xml docbook.
I know that use of command line arguments is a very wrong and ugly way to specify
user privileges but at the time we implemented that we hadn't figured out a better
way.

David