RE: <step> number and content on different lines

At 12:13 10/05/2002 +0100, O'Donnell, Vincent wrote:
>(using stylesheets 1.50)
>I don't think I am using a customization layer, but here is an example of
>the offending fo,

<snip/>

>I don't understand all the things in there (know where I can get
>explanations?) - I think it looks like it should work ok, although I wonder
>what the label end-indent and the body start-indent are doing??

Its just a way of laying out lists.
Try www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/bk/index.html

>If this should be ok, does it mean that fop is making the mess? Can anyone
>else try this chunk on their setup?

It certainly looks OK (no, haven't tried it).
If you can pick out the fo file, try it with Antenna house or xep
to see if its fop that's not processing it.

HTH DaveP