RE: procedure in article is giving a validation error

"...post an example of your complete document..."

good idea Mike,

Here is a cut-up version of my XML which gives me the same problem:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd";>

<article>
<articleinfo>
<copyright>