Re: Customization and classes

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 03:00:19PM -0500, Adams, Lisa wrote:
> I'm trying to write a customization layer and have identified the 14
> elements I need to add to the info pool, but am having a hard time figuring
> out what they are similar to, and which class things are in, in order to add
> the right class info. Your book and online guide provide one customization
> example that takes an element and duplicates its attributes and class
> entities exactly, but it's the only example I can find. Can you provide any
> more customization examples than your book or online guide does?

For this type of work, I use the dtd2html tool from the perlsgml
package.  The code is a bit old, but some day we'll integrate various
patches in the official source.  One downside: for now it completely
expands parameter entities so that you never see them.

http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/perlSGML.html

There is a modified version at:
http://www.utoronto.ca/webdocs/HTMLdocs/HTML_Spec/html.html

with examples of output, like:
http://www.utoronto.ca/webdocs/HTMLdocs/HTML_Spec/html401-strict/DTD-HOME.html

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre