Re: [Doc-SIG] Docbook "user exit"?

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 12:07:18AM +0100, Juergen Hermann wrote:
> >Is there a "user exit" mechanism in Docbook to allow me to call said code
> >colouriser?
>
> I could rewrite mine to emit docbook (it's a thing I'll need anyway), so you
> could pre-process sources and then include them as entities.

Yes, this sounds like a better approach. Thanks.

Here's a feature request: When your tool is munching a piece of Python
source into Docbook, have it somehow associate "labels" to the code.

This way, one can use these labels to refer to the Python code while
discussing it in the body text. Easier to keep the code and discussion text
in sync than using just plain line numbers (which one still needs to add to
the rendered Python code somehow).

Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@netmemetic.com> * http://www.netmemetic.com